Raw vegan truffles
I usually prepare these on lazy Sundays (yes, lazy days are for raw vegan sweets) so that I’ll have enough for the cravings in the upcoming week. They can be quite sweet, without having any added traditional sugar.
Why I recommend this?
- They are extremely easy to prepare.
- You don’t need previous experience in the kitchen.
- It takes about 30 minutes (including doing the dishes afterwards).
- They are satisfying and it’s a pleasure to enjoy them.
- NO sugar added!
- If you want to amaze someone who doesn’t trust raw vegan at all – this is the thing to do!
- coconut flakes
- sesame seeds
- flax seeds
- dried plums
You start by placing the ingredients in the food processor, in the above mentioned order. First, the coconut. I used coconut meat but if you have coconut flakes that’s ok as well – you won’t need to process. Put them aside in a bowl.
Then, in a separate bigger bowl, add the processed dry ingredients (sesame seeds, flax seeds, almonds). Continue with dates, cranberries, dried plumps and the dates. Mix everything together until you have a sticky dough. Don’t forget, all this time the coconut flakes rest aside and don’t go in the mixture! Using a teaspoon, form tiny balls and roll them in the coconut flakes.
Place them on a plate and spoil yourself. They can be stored in the fridge for up to 5 days.