I don’t know about you, but I have the tendency, whenever I go grocery shopping, to buy slightly more than I actually need. That’s why I have almost always 2-3 extremely ripe bananas that I’ll never eat… I avoid throwing food away, so this recipe is the perfect thing to do!
Why I recommend it?
- You don’t throw away and you don’t (normally) need to buy any ingredient.
- It requires little time.
- It’s the perfect thing to bake if you want to spontaneously surprise some friends.
- It’s the perfect, indulging “I need a muffin now” kind of snack.
- You can vary the quantities of some ingredients. For example, you can use 2 bananas, but with 3 you will have that moist creamy texture. You like cinnamon? Add more of it! And so on.
- 1 1/3 cups flour
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1-2 eggs, beaten
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2-3 mashed bananas
- optional: cinnamon, vanilla extract, dried fruits
And now here comes the complicated scientific part: you mix and stir the above ingredients, using a spoon and a big bowl, you don’t need a mixer. You may add the optional ingredients as well. If you’re a cinnamon fan like I am, try to add a moderate quatitites (maximum 2 teaspoons). It has a lovely taste, i know, but it is also quite strong and it will cover all the other flavours, you will not feel the vanilla for example, and the banana flavour would feel rather faded).
Preheat the oven at 180 degrees Celsius. In the meantime, prepare the pan and grease it using butter. In my case, I put coconut flakes and dried fruits inside and pour the mixture afterwards. Bake for about one hour.
Try not to eat it all in one bite. It was for your friends, remember? 🙂